This activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of those Board Certified or Board Eligible in Plastic Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery, Dermatology, and
Oculoplastic Surgery and Allied Health Professionals working directly with one of those specialists.
Learning Goal / Purpose
The purpose of this activity is to build bridges of educational cooperation between the different core specialists involved in the treatment of the aesthetic patient. This is particularly important as we expand this mission to other parts of the world by inviting lecturers from around the globe to participate.
After completing this activity, participants should be better able to:
• Compare options for skin rejuvenation using modern lasers and other skin tightening devices, fillers, injectibles and minimally invasive lifting techniques
• Estimate which patients might be the best candidates for surgical rejuvenation and which might benefit from non-invasive approaches to facial rejuvenation
• Distinguish various face lifting techniques as they relate to anatomy
• Demonstrate an improved understanding of how to avoid the common problems in Rhinoplasty
• Differentiate the various approaches to blepharoplasty and browlifting to determine which technique is best suited for each patient
• Assess controversial topics in facial aesthetic surgery to make more informed decisions about patient outcomes
• Explain breast augmentation and methods to combine implants and lipo filling
• Discuss the truths and limitations utilizing injectable fillers and non-invasive devices
• Discuss refinements in Abdominoplasty and Brachioplasty in the non-massive weight loss patient
Program Overview / Statement of Need
There are no true multi-specialty educational sessions with prominent educators from each field brought together for technique discussions and knowledge sharing anywhere else. This symposium will be unique in that it will bring an international audience to Miami and will be the knot to provide a truly multi-disciplinary environment with fairly equal representation among the specialties involved. This is the only educational venue that features the best and brightest in the fields of dermatology, facial plastic surgery, oculoplastic surgery, and plastic surgery. Our educational programs run a gamut that includes specific technique discussions, emerging technology, discussion of complications and non-invasive alternatives to surgery.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint sponsorship of Medical Education Resources (MER) and Global Aesthetics. Medical Education Resources is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Medical Education Resources designates this live activity for a maximum of 31.25 AMA PRA Category 1 credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity
Medical Education Resources is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This CE activity provides 31.25 contact hours of continuing nursing education. Medical Education Resources is a provider of continuing nursing education by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP 12299, for 31.25 contact hours.
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interests
It is the policy of Medical Education Resources to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all of its educational activities. In accordance with this policy, MER identifies conflicts of interest with its instructors, content managers, and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of an activity. Conflicts are resolved by MER to ensure that all scientific research referred to, reported, or used in a continuing education activity conforms to the generally accepted standards of experimental design, data collection, and analysis.
Full notification of commercial support will be provided in the activity front matter.